“HE who gives Iftar to another fasting person shall earn reward equivalent to a fasting man without detracting from the reward of the latter”
It’s time this year again as the holiest month of Islam religion has just kicked off. A festival which marks a sense of self control and practice holy deeds. Every year Ramzan witnesses millions of followers across the world partaking in what is called Roza, the period of fasting. According to the Islamic tradition, the basic purpose behind keeping a Roza is to instill a sense of self restraint in oneself. A typical day for the one who keeps a Roza starts before dawn with a lavish meal (known as Suhoor or Sehri), and once the sun rises, he or she follows a strict fast until sun down, when after the evening prayer, the fast is broken and everyone get together to enjoy the Iftar feast.
The Iftar feast is literally a celebration of good food – a day-long restrain culminated into an unbridled indulgence of mouthwatering delicacies. Traditionally, one is supposed to break the Roza with dates as it is believed that Prophet Mohammad also broke his fast by eating three dates. Even if you are traveling in train, you can order Iftar special food in train too with e-catering services in place.
Here are best 5 food options you can enjoy while traveling in train:
- Haleem: a rich mutton stew. With lentils, spices and broken wheat, it is a slow-cooked delicacy usually enjoyed during Eid festivities.
- Dum Biryani: A specialty dish prepared during this festival which is perfect mix of condiments and spices along with marinated mutton. People usually prefer to have it along with the popular side-dish called “Rayta”, a wholesome mix of curd, cucumber,onion and small amount of coriander leaves.
- Shahi Tukda: The very name gives it a grand feel and taste. It’s the most preferred dessert during Iftar. The preparation comprises of small bread pieces dipped in condensed milk and served along with some added toppings to make it more enjoyable.
- Faalsa Sherbet: The most refreshing and a must have for the on-going summer season. Nothing short of spectacular, take a sip of this refreshing, healthy drink and you would slurp on it all summer long! Prepared by mixing Falsa with lemon, mint leaves and added sugar. This will keep you energized throughout the day.
- Chicken- Shammi Kebab: This is something which is very much filling and also soothes your longtime cravings. Juicy chicken pieces are minced and mixed with channa dal and a host of masalas. Work them up into patties and fry till crisp. They can be prepared hot for the morning Iftar and later microwaved too.
Even if you are traveling in train, some of our e-catering partners have made special arrangements for the Ramzan season. You may order food at Nagda junction from our e-catering partner to get a fruit basket for your Iftar. You can order food in train at Hazrat Nizamuddin junction from trusted e-catering partners of IRCTC. In case if you are traveling around negligible network coverage, the Railrestro app can be a lot handy for ordering food in trains. We also have special offer for bulk food orders in train. Just call us at 8102888111 and our representatives would be more than happy to assist you on the same.