Monsoon is a unique season with its own pleasures and problems. The cloudy sky, the sweet smell of the wet soil and the music of rain drops brings a feeling of excitement in a person’s mind. The atmosphere is filled with an air of freshness. Travelling in this season requires lot of prior planning regarding the time, place and frame of mind.
- Befriend W/ Dark Attire: Do not wear the white and light colored clothes in the rainy season. The water in the streets makes your appearance dirty when street vehicles pour on you. Rainy season means mud, dirt and other such stuff. Your clothes and shoes might get in a mess during the journey. So try to ignore white or light colored clothes while you are travelling. Also, make sure to carry lightweight clothes which dry easily. Also, make sure you carry enough zip lock pouches to keep your wet clothes separate.
- Safe Hydration: Rainy season brings along some water borne diseases which might be lethal. Avoid drinking water from open water outlets. Railways has recently introduced water vending outlets at major locations across India. If you are traveling in train, you can easily get purified water from such outlets at minimal costs.
- Say No to Chopped Fruit Sellers: Fruits sold chopped at stations are not hygienic during rainy season. These might be prone to fungal growth and other forms of infections. Stay away from chopped fruit eating. You can easily order food in train and get your food delivered at your seat.
- Carry Bug Repellents: Monsoon comes with added bug attacks. It’s the time when mosquitoes spread some dreadful diseases such as malaria, dengue etc. You don’t want such thing to happen during your journey. It’s better to keep bug repellents handy in your luggage.
- Get Handy Zip Lock Bags: You don’t need to worry carrying your wet towel of you have to catch train early morning. Carry enough zip lock bags which will help in sorting wet clothes in your luggage.
- Avoid Food From Station Vendors: Monsoon is the peak time for many uninvited diseases like upset stomach, diarrhoea and others. So try to carry your own homemade food items. You can also carry as many of the dry food items which can be retained for the entire journey. Now you can order food in train from your seat and get healthy, hygienic and tasty food delivered at your seat. You can order food either via website, app or on call at 8102888111.
- Carry us Along: Monsoon season comes with some un-wanted hassles as trains might be delayed due to heavy rains. You can download the Railrestro App and be informed about your PNR status, train details and also food options at various stations. Even if you have low network connectivity, Railrestro App lets you order food of your choice. This will keep your mind free for other concerns during traveling. If you wanna try ordering food in train, just follow the link below: