India is a land of tourism. With diverse cultural background and vedic elements, it has been an all time favorite destinations for foreigners. People throng to India mostly in search of peace and religious values. One can view a galore of foreigners with their loaded backpacks walking along the streets of sacred city of Varanasi. They are very much intrigued with culture and values with which people in India live. Being a tourist, travelers had to face a lot of hurdles while planning their trip across different locations in India. Keeping all these factors in mind, Indian Railway ombudsman, IRCTC came up with a much better way to address their concerns.
It has been depicted by IRCTC that foreign tourists can get confirmed reservations in trains via internet (e-ticketing) up to 365 days in advance and that too in all classes including executive class, 1st AC or 2nd AC or others and in all trains involving Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Gatimaan, Duronto and more for which the fares will be equally charged in all of them. The fare charged will be 1.5 times the base fare as provided by IRCTC or IR and enhanced service charge of Rs. 200 per ticket. The procedure that will be followed for the same is been mentioned in below.
- To book the tickets, it is must to enter the passport number, international mobile number, and nationality of a person.
- All tickets will be booked as per applicable fare and no concession will be admissible.
- Payments will be made only using international debit or credit cards and SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number at the time of reservation of the ticket.
- A passenger needs to carry his or her original passport with genuine visa proof at the time of travel and in case he/she is not able to show the proof, he/she will be treated guilty and without ticket and will be charged penalty as equivalent to 3 times the fare of the ticket and if he/she fails to pay the same, legal action will be taken against him/her.
- 8 berths (2 cabins) per FAC, 8 berths per 2A coach (two inside berth, cabins), 4 berths (1 cabin) per FACCW and 10 seats per EC from general quota berths are available for the booking in advance that is 365 days in advance.
- In case, the interested party is found out to be seeking berth more than the available quota, then confirmed seats will be given as per quota and remaining will be registered and provided on the opening day of reservation. The fare of the all seats or berths will be charged 50% extra in a uniform manner.
- In case of tickets cancellation, flat 50% will be deducted along with the addition to the cancellation charges applicable at the time of refunding the amount. The time span for granting 50% refund is up to 4 hours before scheduled departure of the train and it could be done via website only.
- There is no provision to change the name on the ticket under any circumstance.
- The berths can be booked under this quota as per 1.5 times of the base fare and the booking could not be done by any of authorized ticketing agents.
This should be a big relief for travelers who are on a long holiday trip to India and would love to explore every nook and corner of our Incredible country. Also, IRCTC official food aggregator like Railrestro are available just on few taps to serve the best regional cuisines which tourist can explore during their visit to India. Toursits have an option to order food via IRCTC Food on Track App or via official food partners like Railrestro app or on call at 8102888111.