In the era of the coronavirus epidemic, Indian Railways has issued important guidelines for people travelling by train. Railway urged people to follow these guidelines to avoid any kind of trouble. Important guidelines such as wearing masks and downloading the Arogya Setu App are given in these railway guidelines. Apart from that, there are also some safety travel tips that you must follow when you are travelling by train.
Tips to Stay Safe While Travelling During Coronavirus Pandemic
Apart from the guidelines issued by the ministry of railways and the government of India, follow these simple tips and precautionary measures to be safe from coronavirus infection.
1. Carry all the essentials
As a general rule, there are a few things to take with you when you are travelling. The list will include a hand sanitiser (with alcohol content in excess of 60 per cent), disinfectant pads, tissues, and a face mask. Such products will enable you to maintain a degree of hygiene and avoid contact with respiratory droplets that cause coronavirus disease.
2. Avoid touching things
You must be aware of the fact that novel coronavirus spreads like a fire in the jungle. This demands for an improved sense of caution and safety. It is important to be extra cautious when using computers or touching objects that others have used, such as ATMs, benches in waiting halls, escalators, etc. Be careful not to touch them, and even if you need to access those objects, use a decent amount of sanitiser.
Apart from that, always remember to clean and sanitise your belongings as well like wallets, mobile phones, etc. Put all the things that are touched the most in a bag rather than in bins during security checkup.
3. Maintain social distancing
Social distancing is still the best way to avoid getting a coronavirus infection. There isn’t any vaccine available as of yet, so maintain proper social distancing while travelling. Avoid close contact with people, always wear a face mask and face shield when you are in close contact with other people. The standard distance recommended by WHO is 6 feet (2 arms lengths).
Use technology for all your work as far as possible like ticket booking, food order app, etc. When you go to buy something, always wash your hands after that and sanitise them.
4. Wear face mask all the time
It is highly recommended that you drape a fabric cloth or good quality mask while going outside where there is a crowd, and you can’t maintain the standard distance of 6 feet. You can also wear homemade masks that are equally effective at blocking large particles like sneezes and coughs.
5. Follow some safety tips
There are some coronavirus safety tips put in place by the government of India that you must follow while travelling:
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth because coronavirus enters your body mainly through these places. Even if you need to itch, you should first sanitise your hands. Always keep a hand sanitiser with you and after touching anything public, clean your hands properly.
- If you feel like coughing or sneezing, always use a tissue. You can also cough or sneeze inside your elbow. Throw away the tissue after sneezing and sanitise your hands. Also, wash your clothes after you travel.
- Carry sufficient food from your home that can last for your entire journey. Alternatively, you can also order food in train online from RailRestro to avoid any chances of coronavirus infection.
- Avoid drinking water at public water outlets. Always bring water along with you or you can buy packaged drinking water during your journey.
- Wash your hands (for at least 20 seconds) before eating anything on the train.
- Avoid food sharing. It is not the right time to show your compassion and open-hearted nature to everyone. Food sharing can cause transmission of coronavirus.
6. Stay home if you are sick
Sick people are advised time and again to remain at home by health experts and doctors. If you are not feeling well or if showing symptoms of COVID-19, then do not go outside, however necessary it may be. Send someone else in your place but do not risk others’ lives by going out.
7. Make digital payment as often as possible
The best way to be safe and secure from coronavirus transmission is to become an active participant in digital India. Use online payment options like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, etc. to pay. Consider using cash only when there is no option of digital payment available. This will significantly reduce your chances of getting infected with the deadly coronavirus.
8. Wipe down your surroundings
Wherever your seat, wherever you stand, make sure that the place is clean and sanitised. Always keep a good stock of wipes, napkins, and tissues so that you can clean the surface that you have to use.
So, these are some of the safety tips that you must follow if you are planning to travel soon. Stay safe and stay corona-free always.