It’s time when Christmas bells have been ringing loud across the churches and the chilly winds gushing into years. Few people believe that the time is to get inside the blanket and enjoy the comfort, while some take it as a time of the year which should mark a fabulous end. Having a blast at the year end and to begin the year on a thrilling positive note. They believe in setting the tone perfect to make a bright year ahead. India being the homeland of tourism for major part of the world, hosts some of the best destinations in the world.
If you are looking for ideas across the net, you will get a galore of them. Here’re some handpicked destinations with each having it’s own flavors n charm to spice up your year end celebration:
- Himachal Trip to Mcleodganj – If you really love snow-clad mountains, this little beautiful town is the one you should opt for. Special attraction includes New Year’s Eve musical all along and people from all parts as well as abroad is seen to be visiting here enjoying drinks and have fun altogether with friends and loved ones. There are so many cosy and warm little cafes here where you can relax and have some fun and listen to good music been played by foreign visitors. Some of the places to visit when you are here are Triund, Bhagsu Falls, Namgyal Monsatery etc. If you love trekking, this should be your dream destination for the year end.
- Goa- Game of Adventure: A place which hosts the biggest music festival during this season and perhaps the endless new year eve celebration. The open beach party houses make the new year celebration merrier. Planning an year end trip to this location is something which every age group people think about. In case your journey is via train, you can pre-book your food for train journey too.
- Puducherry- An Abode for Peace & Enjoyment: The Union Territory, lending cultural and architectural elements from its French lineage, is still very much Indian at heart. The quaint town, also host to the “Aurobindo Yoga Ashram”, is a good place for self-reflection. The variety of restaurants, the steak and wine, just add to its natural alluring and create the perfect destination for a laid-back but fun New Year Celebration. You can explore beach views, cheap booze and peaceful ashrams here.
- Gangtok: Situated at an altitude of 5410 feet, Gangtok (meaning “Hill Top”) is aptly named so. Coupled with its beautiful sunset and dawn views and its clean surroundings, this small town is also called the “Switzerland of the East”. Trekkers and mountain lovers, do look out for Kanchenjunga, the 3rd highest peak in the world. Now, imagine spending the eve of New Year in a place with such beauty.
- Mumbai- The sleepless City of India: Be it a house party or at a beach, you will enjoy every sip of your drink when you see the city lit up with lights and crackers. The hotels and lounges in the entire city also gear up for parties where one might also spot the star celebrities of the film industry. Marine Drive is one of the best places to sit with friends and sip in your drinks at the eve of New Year.
- Gulmarg- For A Snowy Celebration: If you don’t fear the chilly mountain snow and you want to explore the wintry chills to end the year, Gulmarg is the place for you. It is not one of those locations with loud music and crazy parties. This city is meant especially for people who like snow and silence. Love is in the air at this time and the place becomes one of the romantic destinations for the newlyweds. Go skiing with your friends and family and enjoy the snow here. This place is definitely a heaven for the nature lovers.
- Manali- Meant for Everyone: Say goodbye to the year 2017 in the snowy city of Manali. A private celebration with your family, friends or beloved is the best idea. You can also enjoy the New Years eve at the hotels where special parties are organized for the party enthusiasts.
Choices are enormous, but these are some of the top destinations that host almost 80% of the year end party seekers in India. Share with us, which one’s your favorite among these or add on to any hidden spot.