When it comes to having food out of the normal course, we all prefer food recipe from southern regions of India. The very thought of certain food items can leave your mouth watered and create a spell of hunger in you. Every Indian family, on a casual excursion loves to have hot south Indian foods.
The fragrant smell of crisp Vadas, the sound of spluttering mustard seeds & the smell of Kadhi leaves can spark the hunger. Ordering south Indian meals in train is something which everyone never thought of. People travelling in trains were served with Idlis from local station vendors which were mostly un-hygienic and tasteless. Now with major restaurants in line, one can order south Indian meals in trains too.
Here are some of south Indian food one can order in train:
- Masala Dosa: The all time favourite among the south Indian food. The king of all dosas! Listed as one of the world’s most delicious foods, a masala dosa never fails to impress! Served with Sambar and coconut chutney, right at your seat.
- Hyderabadi Briyani: A Hyderbadi specialty, this one’s a must-try! Meat cooked with piquant spices, curd, butter and saffron, tossed in semi cooked rice and garnished with cucumbers.
- Chicken Chettinad: Full of flavour and bold masalas, this dish will floor your family while travelling in train. A gorgeous melange of onions, tomatoes, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cumin, curry leaves and a rich coconut-y paste.
- Vada: These can be ordered red hot while travelling in train. It comes in major forms such as Daal Vada, Masal Vada and many more. You have an option to chose from the menu of your favourite restaurant while ordering south Indian meals in train.
- South Indian Thaali: This is a complete course menu comprising of all the ingredients including Rice, sambar, chutney and around 6 different types of vegetable preparations. This also comes with dessert surprise in the form of Paysam.
- Ven Pongal: Rice and lentils, cooked and tempered with cumin and a dollop of ghee give birth to this traditional South Indian breakfast. Railrestro partners deliver it hot with tangy sambhar and coconut chutney.
- Uttapam: Light and scrummy, uttapam is a dosa-like preparation made with a mixture of rice, dhuli urad dal and fenugreek seeds. Once you try it, you’re sure to ask for seconds! You can order it along with varied toppings too from Railrestro.
- Upma: Savoured all over the Indian subcontinent and not just the South, upma has been a popular way to kick-start the day since ancient times.
- Pulihora: Also known as “tamarind rice”, is served hot with green chillies ans is most popular Andhra food. This recipe lasts longer and can be easily used for consumption while travelling in trains.
- Traditional Veg Curry: These are prepared with multiple vegetables cooked along and served along with rice. This one’s is a quick food and easy to digest. One can order these south Indian meals while travelling in train.
With such a wide options available now for ordering south Indian meals in train, one doesn’t have to crave for it while ordering food in trains. Professionals who are on business trip to other Indian states can never lose the taste of south Indian cuisines in train as ordering meals is just a call away at 8102888111.