Live Train Status
Train Live Running Status
Live Train Running Status Enquiry with RailRestro
You can easily check the Train Running Status or IRCTC Live Train Status of all Indian Railways trains with RailRestro website or app. It is one of the quickest means to spot your train and get real-time status updates of any train. You can find complete details about the train running status, train’s current location, estimated time of arrival and departure, expected delays, and the platform number on which the train is expected to arrive. If you want to know where your train is, then RailRestro will help you track your train with a single click. RailRestro uses accurate GPS tracking system to extract real-time details of the train running status, and thus help train travellers stay informed and plan a hassle-free journey.
Indian Railways, through its digital services, allow the passengers to check the live train running status online and helping them to get details on the exact location of trains along with their estimated arrival time. The main component used to check this functionality is:
Train Number and Name: Every train has a specific number. It’s the relevant five-digit number which is required to check the train status during any time of the journey.
Example of Checking Live Train Status
If you’re travelling to New Delhi via Patna Rajdhani Express, the train number is “12309”, and the same number can be used for checking the train running status.
How to Check the Train Running Status Online
- Enter your Train Number or Name: The interface offers a search box where the passenger can enter the train number or name on which the journey is scheduled.
- Hit the Check Schedule button: After you enter the train number or name, the interface suggests you the exact train which has to be selected. Click the “Check Running Status” button, and you will get the exact live status of your train in real-time.
What Real-Time Information is Displayed while Checking the Train Live Status?
Once you hit the “Check Running Status” button, the webpage will redirect you to the results which will contain:
- A vertical table of the stations en route: The interface will list out the total number of:
- Date of Journey (DOJ)
- The exact timings
- Arrival/departure time (ETA)
- The current status of the train, i.e., its departure on right time (highlighted in green) or any delay (highlighted in red).
- Current Departure/Halt Status: The tabular data will highlight the station with a blue dot blinking on the left side of the station name. This shows that the train has departed from the station.
- Options to Check the Status for Three Days: Though the interface shows you the current status of train, on the particular date; it also gives you the option to check the status of the next day and the previous day.
Get frequent updates on train running status and plan your journey accordingly. You can also book food in trains online for your journey and get it delivered at your chosen station.