Rising mercury levels & petrol prices have added a toll on this summer season. The average temperature of the earth has grown up by 0.5 degrees globally. With all these info in ones head, you would still won’t be laid off waiting for the sun to show some mercy for your summer vacation journey. Kids must be waiting round the corner for this season when they won’t have to carry the bulky load of their school backpacks and they would get a chance to sneak in to the whole new place where they would enjoy and rejuvenate.
As soon as you board the train, your children start juggling with you for buying out food that are being sold across the train seats. It’s time to not to get carried away with the holiday feeling and to pay attention to what might go wrong due to loose food practices. Your belly shouldn’t over-burden your tour this summer season. Here’re 10 best summer foods that would soothe your belly while traveling in trains:
- Watermelons: Comes very handy when you opt for health and taste, both at the sam time. Comprising of 91.45% water, it serves as best hydrating as well as filling ad on that can help you overcome both thirst and hunger during train journey. This can be the best salad ad on you may add to your plate. One can also look for watermelon shakes for breakfast. Getting watermelons is easier as many local vendors do sell it on popular stations.
- Cucumber: Loaded with fibre, eating cucumber in summer helps in keeping constipation at bay. You won’t have to suffer from constipation as you might have consumed something which has lead to an up-setting belly health. The fibers will do their work, making you feel light and fresh during the train journey. Cucumber also contains high amount of water content. So, have this crunchier food and stay cool during the hot weather.
- Curd: The all time pro-biotic supplement which is a good resource of required healthy bacteria which maintains the colonial health of your intestine. One can also order lassi made from curd while ordering food in train. Curd supplements ones body with elemental calcium required to maintain a healthy skeletal framework.
- Coconut Water: The perfect mix of natural cytokines which help in cell repair and regeneration. It also helps in maintaining the fluid balance of the body and anti-oxidants supply to our body eco-system. This ‘not-so-expensive’ drink is available in almost all fruit shops and is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. It has cooling properties that help you fight against the hot weather. Studies also show that drinking coconut water regularly also protect against cancer.
- Mint: The natural soother for summers. This inexpensive herb is easily available with almost all vegetable vendors. Adding mint in curd, chaach or in raita could give you added benefits. You can also prepare mint chutney, which is a common thing prepared in almost all Indian houses. Mint not only keeps your body temperature cool but also gives you a refreshing effect.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Having green leafy vegetables around the year gives you numerous benefits. And adding them to your daily diet is also beneficial as green leafy vegetables contain high amount of water content. Remember, avoid over-cooking these vegetables as it could cause loss of water content in them.
- Onions: onions too provide cooling properties. Eating them raw may ruin your taste, hence mixe it with lemon and salt and prepare salads. Another way to eat onion is by adding it in your vegetables, curries and raita. The red onions are loaded with quercetin, which is considered as a natural anti-allergen. Adding onion to your daily diet also helps in protecting you against the sun-stroke.
- Lime Water: Lime water, also referred to as nimboo pani is another refreshing drink for summer. A glass of lime water provides many health benefits. You can have sweet limewater, can add salt, a pinch of cumin powder to it to enhance its flavour. Lime water keeps you chilled and refreshed all day long.
- Sattu: The best solution if you are looking for something filling. The best part is that you can use them raw and they have longer shelf life too.
- Celery: With water content of 95 per cent, celery contains essential nutrients that keep you going during the hot weather. Celery is also loaded with sodium, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc!
One should avoid buying food from platforms and other un-authorized food vendors. If you prefer to buy food during train journey, try order it from official catering partners of IRCTC only.