Business trips have its own perks and come with multiple benefits such as new destinations, something new to try out and also a time to get aloof from mundane work schedule. But when it comes to food, you got to pay attention to the little details of the ingredients that go inside your belly. In India, people travelling by train mostly prefer to carry their own food items prepared by themselves or mostly via local food vendors at major stations that fall en route to their destinations. Making poor food choices can completely derail the trip.
The good news is that it’s a lot easier than you think to stay on track while you travel. If you are calorie conscious or want to order food for diabetic in train, its lot easier now. If you are just trying to order food on track from a restaurant you love, there are multiple options available now.
If you’re trying to maintain a healthy eating habit on the go , here are some easy tips to help you stay healthy on your business trip:
- Avoid Packaged & Processed Food: Most of the packaged, processed foods are laden with sweeteners, salts, artificial flavors and preservatives. Also, these foods contain high amount of trans fats which are not good for heart. They also cause artery clogging.
- Stay Hydrated: Try to stay hydrated with packaged drinking water readily available. A word of caution here would be to stay away from caffeinated drinks and soft drinks as they can overburden your internal ecosystem with too much of calories.
- Order Food from Verified Food service providers: Food is inevitable to find out but good food is rare one while travelling in India. You don’t want to be struggling while you are on a business trip. Nowadays, ordering food online in train is another great option to choose from. These foods on wheels services providers help you get the best food from renowned restaurants on your travel routes across India. Ordering food online is a lot easier and meets your health concern too.
- Plan your meals timing: Eat only when you’re hungry and maintain your regular meal schedule. You surely would know the stations which would fall in your way and can look out for the available options online.
- Avoid Raw Foods: You should either order raw items such as salad from online food service providers in train or prepare yourself. Otherwise, try avoiding these as they may cause infection if bought from station vendors or pantry cars in the train.
- Eat Frequently & in Smaller Amounts: Eating small amounts of healthy foods throughout the day sends a signal to your brain that the food supply is plentiful, so it’s okay to burn through those calories quickly. Limiting your calorie load at a single sitting also gives you lots of energy. Eating too many calories in one meal—even if they’re healthy calories—sends your brain the message that leaner times must be around the corner, so those calories will get stored as fat.
- Consume a Lot Of Protein: Order milk or some dairy products while you are ordering food in train. Indian refresher drinks such as “Chhanchh” or “Lassi” should be good choice as they soothe the belly and also help in keeping you healthy.
- Carry sterilization swipes: Your kids might not be too fond of washing their hands every time they finish their meals. You can carry hand swipes with you to avoid such hassles.
- Order Food Specialties: Look out for specialties in terms of food in your travel route. This is something which you don’t want to miss and discuss with your loved ones when you get back. Order these from online food ordering service providers.
- Plan Desserts In Advance: Closing your meal on a better note would leave you with an everlasting memory. You can order “Hot Gulabjamun” or your favorite chocolate ice-cream too.
Staying healthy while you are on a trip is a major concern as you don’t want the food to be spoiler alert for you and you also want to enjoy having meals on wheels. Eat fresh… Stay Healthy!!