From decades, the equation for the Indian Railways during festive season has remain unchanged. This equation is between the number of passengers traveling during the festive season with the availability of seats, which directly soars the demand for additional special trains to cope up with the rush of waitlisted and RAC tickets. Indian Railways have geared up its operations to serve such exorbitant rush of passengers traveling all over India and has planned to launch seventeen special trains from different locations with advance 120 days of prior reservation.
Not every special trains have pantry car to serve food to passengers traveling in train. The issue becomes severe when long-distance trains have no food ordering facility. No worries now! RailRestro, one of the best e-catering companies, has solved the food problem and allows passengers to order food online in train and enjoy the best cuisines of their choice, delivered right at the seat. Hurry! Book your tickets online in advance for a comfortable journey. Here’s a list of Puja special trains running at different routes by Indian Railways.
- Train no. 06231 UDZ HUMSAFAR EXP: Humsafar express departs from Mysuru Jn. and finally halts at Udaipur City.
- Train no. 09058 AII BDTS SPL: AII BDTS special train runs from Udaipur City to Bandra Terminus, thus serving the passengers moving to Mumbai for upcoming puja festivals.
- Train no. 02485 H.S. Nanded – H. Nizamuddin: This special train will depart from H.S Nanded city junction at 23:00 hrs on every Thursdays and arrives H. Nizamuddin at 02:10 hrs on Saturdays.
- Train No. 07007 Secunderabad – Darbhanga: This train will depart from Secunderabad Junction on every Tuesdays and Saturdays starting from 3rd of Oct’18 and will arrive Darbhanga at 13.45 hrs on the second day.
- Train No. 07149 Secunderabad – Guwahati: Didn’t get a confirm ticket for Kamakhya? No worries! Book your tickets in Secunderabad – Guwahati special train which departs from Secunderabad on every Fridays and arrives at Kamakhya at 08:20 hrs (Sundays).
- Train No. 07603 Kacheguda`- Krishnarajapuram: The nearest station to KSR Bengaluru junction is the K R Puram, where train no. 07603 will finally halt carrying passengers from Kacheguda. This train will start running from 4th of Nov. on every Sundays and arrive Krishnarajapuram (K R Puram) at 06:00 hrs on the next day.
- Train No. 07117 Hyderabad – Ernakulam: IRCTC has gifted the Nawabs of Hyderabad a special train which will run to Ernakulam starting from 3rd Oct’18 which will depart from Hyderabad junction at 12.50 hrs every Wednesdays.
- Train no. 07425; Kacheguda-Kakinada: The Special train carrying the passengers from Kacheguda to Kakinada will start hitting the tracks from 2nd of Nov’18 on every Fridays and arrive Kakinada Port at 06:00 hrs on the next day.
- Train No. 07438; Kacheguda – Tatanagar: The passengers travelling to Tatanagar from Kacheguda are blessed with a special train no. 07438, which is set ready to depart from 5th Nov’18 on every Mondays and arrive at Tatanagar at 19:45 hrs on the next day.
- Train no. 02731; Hyderabad – Jaipur: Nawabs who are planning to travel and explore the pink city of India, are now provided with a special train running from Hyderabad to Jaipur. This train is set to depart from 7th of Dec’18, every Fridays and arrive Jaipur at 06.25 hrs on the second day i.e. Sundays.
- Train No. 07005 Hyderabad – Raxaul: IRCTC will start this special train from 1st of Oct’18, every Thursdays and arrive Raxaul at 17:30 hrs on the second day.
- Train No. 07115 Hyderabad – Kochuveli: Passengers travelling to Kochuveli from Hyderabad will face no rush, as special train is set to run from 6th of Oct’18, every Saturdays.
- Train No. 07009 Secunderabad – Barauni: No surprises! The special train running to Barauni from Secunderabad has already hit the track from 5th of Aug’18, every Sundays and arrive at Barauni at 11:40 hrs on Tuesdays.
- Train No. 07091 Secunderabad – Raxaul: This special train has started to run from 7th Aug’18 on every Tuesdays and arrive Secunderabad at 06:55 hrs on Sundays.
- Train no. 07016 Kacheguda – Visakhapatnam Special: Special train to reach Vishakhapatnam from Kacheguda will run from 4th of Nov’18, every Tuesdays and arrive Visakhapatnam at 07.50 hrs on the next day.
- Train No. 07479 Visakhapatnam – Tirupati: Traveling to Tirupati from Vishakhapatnam, will no more be a pain on this festive season. Special train for this location will start from 7th of Nov’18, every Wednesday and arrive Tirupati at 09.25 hrs on the next day.
- Train No. 07146 Tirupati – Kacheguda: This special train will depart from Tirupati to Kacheguda starting from 8th of Dec’18, every Thursday and arrive Kacheguda at 06.30 hrs on the next day.
Points to Ponder:
- Routes for some special train may vary. Please check before reservation.
- All the special trains will have AC 2 Tier, 3 Tier and sleeper class bogies.
- Some special trains may not have Chair car seats.
- These special train runs back to the destination station. Book your tickets accordingly for a return journey.
Alas! No Pantry in Train for Food. Problem Solved!
- Contact RailRestro @ 8102888111 to order your food and get it served right at your berth.
- Visit our website for group food ordering in train.
- Download RailRestro app and get exciting offers on your order.
Easy payment via net banking payment, credit card, debit card, PayUMoney, Paytm, Mobikwik Freecharge wallet and Cash on delivery (COD).