People who travel often in long-distance trains have one severe issue with the food they are served while traveling. In spite of spending a good amount of penny from their pockets, they fail to get the cuisines they would love to order in train. Travelers are also fed up with train pantry food services as they have fixed menus and the food is also un-hygienic.
Catering to all this, E-catering food partners have aligned together to offer you the best food in train. Food ordering in train has now been just like one does while traveling via flights. Food partners like Railrestro have their menu listed on IRCTC E-Catering Portal or their website at Railrestro.com. Passengers have the option to book their food on the go either via website, mobile app, on call or Whatsapp too.
Food can be ordered by just entering the PNR number which is mentioned in top right corner of your traveling ticket issued by IRCTC. Once you enter your PNR info, the train route gets auto fetched via our servers and they will enlist options available for you to order food in train. Just select the cuisines from menus and choose to either pay via secure payment gateway or to pay at the time of delivery. Your favorite food will be delivered at your seat and will save you from un-wanted hassles of getting down in train.
Travelers can also place orders by phone by calling at 8102-888-111. The Phone service is available only between 9 am – 10 pm but you can order food online instead.
Process for Booking Online
For booking meals, you can either use your train details, or your PNR . The listing gives you details regarding source of the meal, time of the train’s arrival at a particular station, services available, and meal price. These services include in-train deliveries as well as on platform service, depending on the place you pick from. If you have filled source and destination of your journey then list of train will populates which is having this service, select the train from list and then list of Restaurant on various stops will be displayed. Select Restaurant of the stoppage and view it menu Once you place the order, fill in your details and get the order number, which can be used to track progress of your order.
At a Glance Feature
1) Get food of your choice according to menu.
2) Get food on particular time at particular station.
3) Food is delivered by various local vendor/Restaurants of that city or IRCTC
4) Online booking /Phone booking (+918102888111)
5) Railrestro covers over 400+ stations, offering best food in train.
6) Some food vendor/Restaurant in some location has some fixed minimum amount.
7) Order is taken one hour prior to the scheduled arrival at the given station or till the time allowed by the particular restaurant.
8) Pre-paid orders also come with unique discount offers.
9) Ordering food for group travelers always comes with discounts. For such info, one can call at 8102888111 & know more on offers and options.
10) Railrestro also offers promotional coupons to its regular travelers. Do check our website for more info.