The Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation has revamped the whole outlook of its web portal and has added some useful features such as confirmation predictability for booking wait-listed tickets. You won’t have to keep your fingers crossed while booking your tickets from official site of Indian Railways. What would you do if you found out that the train that you were supposed to board the very next morning is cancelled due to train delays or some un-controllable natural circumstances? The very first thing that would bother is how to arrange for next best travel option an also to find out on how you can get your paid amount refunded from them.
Here’re few unique scenarios for cancellation refunds:
- Well, if you have booked your tickets from booking counter, you can file a cancellation request via form from the same and get the amount refunded in cash by filling a simple cancellation form.
- In case you were on Tatkal booking with confirmed reservation, you might not be able to do the same.
- For e-channel ticket bookings, Railways provides an online facility to enable users to find the refund status of their cancelled tickets. This facility can be accessed through the Indianrail website – refunds.indianrail.gov.in. If passengers have cancelled their tickets, they can key in the Passenger Name Record (PNR) number in the specified field to know the status of their request for a refund.
Here’s how to access this facility to know the status of your request for refund:
- Visit the official website at refunds.indianrail.gov.in
- The user is then required to select the ‘Check Refund Status’ option and enter his or her PNR details.
- The website then displays the status of refund against cancellation of train tickets booked through either the online or offline mode.
This is an easy way to find the status of your refunds in case of cancellations. In case you have missed the train, you can file TDR request from IRCTC portal too.