Navratri is one of the most celebrated Hindu festivals to invoke goddess “Durga”. “Navratri” is a Sanskrit word, mix up with the word, “Nava” means nine and “Ratri” means night. It spans nine nights to rejoice every year. It is believed that Navratri is celebrated on the common theme of Victory of Good over Evil. Maa Durga killed Mahishashur – a Buffalo demon of Hindu mythology and Maryada Purushotam Rama killed Ravan on Vijyadashmi, the 10th day of Navaratri. Every year, people celebrate Vijyadashmi with a stage drama named “Ravan Vadh” or RamLila. During Navratri, most of the people avoid to consume non-vegetarian food items and the food prepared by using garlic and onion. The season invites people to visit the places popular for Navratri celebration. During festive seasons the flight prices gets higher so the people generally prefer to travel via train. Another reason to opt the journey via train is the enthusiasm of devotees and travelers to feel the rhythm of Navratri season from train’s window. What could be more exciting than having the Navratri special food during the journey? RailRestro, one of the leading e-catering partners of IRCTC serves Navratri special food in train. Here’re the lists of Navratri special food that one can order in train via RailRestro app.
Sabudana Khichdi: Sabudana Khichdi is full of starch and carbohydrates and has little amount of protein, vitamins and minerals. Peanuts make it more balanced diets. It helps to boost the energy while fasting and supplementing the body with the required energy.
- Kuttu It is consumed as flour in fasting. It is packed with nutrients like protein, magnesium and vitamin E. It is rich in protein and fibre.
- Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa Your favourable tea break snack is here! Now you can enjoy your favourite snacks while travelling. It contains the ingredients like sendha namak, chestnut flour and filling of spiced chironji.
- Low Fat Makhana Kheer Low fat Makhana Kheer is made up with Makhana, milk and nuts. It is all time favourite deserts for devotees during fasting in Navratri.
- Navratri Thali This thali contains Kuttu Puri, Butter Milk, Raita, Paneer’s vegetable, Aaloo’s Vegetable, Vrat Papad and fruit salad. The vegetables are specially prepared keeping in mind the precautions of ingredients and pureness required for the devotees.
- Aloo Paratha (made of Singhada flour) – Full your tummy with yummy Aloo Paratha during your Navaratri fasting. RailRestro offers Aloo Paratha which is made up with Singhada flour and filled with mixture of Aloo & sendha namak.
- French fries (Fast)Get Fried potatoes in ghee and mix up with sendha namak to make your tea time crunchy. One can order their French fries while travelling in train via RailRestro’s mobile application.
- Paneer Paratha (made of Singhada flour) It is also like as Aloo Paratha but it is filled with Paneer and some vegetables. Make your dine more delicious with your loved one in train.
- Sabudana WadaThe other Sabudana recipe is here! Sabudana Wada is very common in devotees. A crunchy Wada with coriander-chilli chatni will make your evening special in train.
- Curd / Butter Milk Curd or Butter milk also can be ordered via RailRestro. One can order it by our mobile application or visiting our official website.
Order your Navratri special food in train at least two hour before scheduled journey time with a valid PNR number or train number and journey date. You can select the option of payment by online mode or COD, based on your convenience. You can use Coupon code “RESTRO60” on a minimum prepaid order of Rs. 400.