Train journey in India is fascinating. Every one of us had experienced it once in a lifetime. It gives you a chance to explore the exotic locations of India. What could be more exciting than socializing with people and exchanging cultural values along with tasty food? Rail journey in India is incomplete without tasty food. Carrying an extra baggage of snacks or home cooked food is a common practice before traveling in a train. Passengers boarding for a long-distance journey had to carry food for train journey as pantry car had limited options and the food served was cooked in unhygienic condition.
IRCTC’s e-Catering Initiative
After Indian Railways adopted digitization and hosted its services online, it gave the passengers an option to order food online in train and enjoy their favorite food at seat. It provided the passengers with various food options to order within a few clicks. Later, IRCTC also invited private caterers to participate in the scenario and started food delivery in train. RailRestro is one of the e-catering partners of IRCTC which serves train passengers with variety of food during journey.
About RailRestro and its Partnership with IRCTC
To expand the e-catering base, RailRestro partnered with IRCTC to deliver best and tasty food in train to the passengers. With the network of 2000+ restaurant partners and coverage of over 600+ cities, RailRestro has emerged as largest food ordering platform in India. Apart from booking food in train by individual passengers, it offers to book food for group journey and also for special religious groups traveling in train. RailRestro is the leading provider of Jain food in train to the Jain community traveling in train. One of the features of RailRestro’s food ordering app is that, it allows the passengers to pre-book their meal. Passengers can call on the toll-free number and get their food booked in advance.
How to Order Food in Advance via RailRestro App
To order food in advance prior to journey, you just have to follow some simple steps to enjoy food at your berth.
Steps for Ordering Food in Train by an Individual
- Download the RailRestro app for food ordering in train from Google Play store
- Enter your PNR number
- Choose your station, restaurant and add food to your cart
- Confirm your order
- Payment option: Cash on Delivery (COD) Online Payment (debit/credit card, Internet banking/ Paytm/ PayUMoney
You can also order your food after booking your ticket. If your tickets are booked for a future date, you can pre-book your meal via call. Our food advisors are available at 81022202203 to book your meal for any station en route on the date of journey.
Steps for Pre- booking your food via call
- Call us @8102202203
- Inquire about food options of your desired station
- Provide your PNR number to the executive through which he/she can check the train running status
- Analyze the options and order your food. The customer support team will immediately book your food order.
- You will receive the confirm message of your order and an e-mail id with invoice.
Group Food Booking in Advance via RailRestro
It’s always advised to book your tickets at least 15-20 days in advance for confirm tickets depending on seat availability and popularity of the train. Specially, when it comes to group journey, it is better to book tickets at least 30 days in advance. What haunts our mind is the availability of food for group in a budget-friendly price. In such case, RailRestro is the savior. It arranges food for group journey. Follow the simple process to order food in advance for entire group.
- Call RailRestro @ 8102202203
- The customer support will ask for your PNR number and check the food options for you on your date of Journey.
- Talk to the food advisor and place your order requirement. You will be informed about your group booking confirmation status by another call.
- Relax! You’ll be contacted on your date of journey and your order will be delivered on your seat.
- Pay via online and Offline mode: You have to pay 40% of total amount in advance via online mode and the rest (60%) payment has to be made in cash to the delivery executive at the time of delivery of order.
Best Food Options to Order in Train via RailRestro
Passengers have following options to order online while traveling in train
- Roti:Naan, Roti, Laccha Paratha, and Butter roti
- Rice:Plain rice, Dal Khichdi, Curd rice, Veg Pulao and Jeera rice.
- Dal:Dal Fry/Dal Tadka, Dal Makhni
- Biryani: Veg Biryani/Mutton Biryani/ Chicken Dum Biryani, and Egg Biryani
- Veg: Paneer, koftas, Seasonal Vegetables, Mushroom, Aloo Curry
- Chinese:Veg and Non- Veg Noodles, Ried Rice, Manchurian, Hakka Noodles, Paneer Chilly, Chicken Chilly, Chicken 65.
- Thali: Egg Thali, Jain Thali (cooked with no trace of onion and garlic), Veg and Non-Veg Thali (Mini, Standard, Deluxe and Maharaja).
- Combo Meal:Chinese and Indian (Rajma, Roti and Rajma, Rice), (Paneer Butter Masala with Roti)
- South Indian: Masala Dosa, Idli Sambhar, Veg Uttapam, Rava Dosa, and Plain dosa.
- Tandoor: Paneer Tikka, Kebab, and Tandoori chicken.
- Snack: Poha Pakoda, Bread omelete, Puri Bhaji, Pao Bhaji, Sandwich, Chole Bhature, Papad and Burgers.
- Desserts: Gulab Jamun, Rasgulla/Rasmalai/ Rajbhog
- Beverage: Buttermilk, Lassi, Mineral water, and Hot milk
Explore our menu for variety of options available at every station. We at RailRestro provide you the best meal experience and a wonderful journey.