The train route from Bangalore railway station (SBC) to Mysore station (MYS) has scenic views offering the experience of the charms of hills, natural heritage, regional farming and culture. Small towns and temples portray the culture, while rice fields, coconut trees and paddy fields stretching along the route make the trip memorable for a traveller.
Bangalore is also known as the ‘Garden City of India’. In two decades, due to advances in technology, it has also become India’s top IT hub. It is an adventurous and exciting place for travellers.
Mysore is a perfect weekend getaway to relax and get away from the hassles of city life. It is also popular among tourists visiting nearby cities like Bangalore.
Best Ways to Travel from Bangalore to Mysore
If you’re planning a trip from Bangalore to Mysore, RailRestro helps you select the best route between Bangalore and Mysore based on timing, price, and simple mode of transport.
Distance Between Bangalore to Mysore
The distance from Bangalore to Mysore is around 147 km. Take a look at the different ways available to reach Mysore from Bangalore.
Reach Bangalore to Mysore by Trains
The distance between Bangalore to Mysore by trains is 126 km. It is the cheapest modes to travel from Bangalore to Mysore by a train. The price of the ticket is around Rs. 93. There are about 20 direct Bangalore to Mysore trains and the travel time by train between Bangalore to Mysore is approximately 2 hrs. The different trains offering these services are Karwar Express, Kannur Express, Basava Express, Chamundi Express, Hampi Express, etc.
Reach Bangalore to Mysore by Bus
Travelling on a private bus is one of the easiest ways to reach Mysore from Bangalore. The total journey between Bangalore and Mysore takes around 1h 45m on a bus. The bus ticket price for the trip is approximately Rs. 300. Private and state-owned buses are frequently running to Mysore from Bangalore.
Reach Bangalore to Mysore by Air
The Bengaluru International Airport (BIAL) is the nearest airport to Bangalore, and the Mysore Airport is the nearest airport to Mysore. The distance from Bangalore to Mysore is around 130 km. Due to the short travel distance from Bangalore to Mysore, the flight time is only 15 minutes, and the flight can cost you around INR 1000 to INR 4000. However, it is not the most preferred way to travel from Bangalore to Mysore.
Reach Bangalore to Mysore by Road
The distance by road from Bangalore to Mysore is 150 km. The trip is made on State Highway 17 (SH-17) passing through towns like Mandya, Bidadi, Srirangapatna, Channapatna, Ramanagara, and Maddur. The highway road from Bangalore to Mysore is very well-maintained and allows adventure enthusiasts to discover myriad surprises on the way. Bike and car trips are both delightful from Bangalore to Mysore. Whichever you choose, the idea is to enjoy the sights along the way and visit as many places as possible. Rent a Taxi/car or hop on a bike and get going.
Bangalore to Mysore Trains
Travelling from Bangalore to Mysore by trains is the most preferred and efficient mode of transportation for commuting between these two cities. There are frequent daily trains that run between these cities.
Some important points about train timings from Bangalore to Mysore, which is helpful for passengers:
- Every week, 38 trains are running weekly between Bangalore and Mysore
- A total of 34 trains run daily between Bangalore and Mysore railway station
- The first train from Bangalore to Mysore is at 00:20, which is BBS-Mysore Express (16230)
- The last train from Bangalore to Mysore is at 23:55, which is SBC-MYS Passenger (56264)
- The fastest train from Bangalore to Mysore is Shatabdi Express (12008) which takes 2 Hr to reach the destination
Bangalore Railway Station
Bangalore or Bengaluru City Railway Station is the main railway station serving the city of Bangalore, Karnataka in India. It is the 5th busiest inter-city railway station in South India. It is handled by South Western Railway zone of Indian Railways. The station code of Bangalore city railway station is SBC.
You will find many express trains between Bangalore to Mysore train route that covers the distance in 3 hours between these two cities. Bangalore itself is very well-connected to most other cities in India.
Different railway stations where one can board the trains in Bangalore are:
- Bengaluru Cant (BNC)
- Baiyyappanahali (BYPL)
- Krishnarajapuram (KJM)
- KSR Bengaluru (SBC)
- Whitefield (WFD)
- Bengaluru East (BNCE)
- Yelhanka Jn (YNK)
- Yesvantpur Jn (YPR)
- Malleswaram (MWM)
- Carmelaram (CRLM)
Also Read: 5 Nearest Railway Stations to Bangalore
Some of the regular trains plying between the two stations are:
- Sainagar Shirdi Mysore Express (16218)
- Kaveri Express (16021)
- Bangalore Mysore Passenger (56233)
- Tirupati Chamarajanagar Passenger (56214)
- Intercity-Express (12725)
Mysore Junction Railway Station
Mysuru is a railway station on Mysore-Bangalore railway line serving the city of Mysore, Karnataka in India. Mysore is very well connected by train throughout the city, and the station is only 2 km from the city centre. The station code of Mysore railway station is MYS. It is operated by South Western Railway zone.
Different Stations where one can deboard the trains in Mysore are:
- Chamarajapuram (CMJ)
- Mysuru Jn (MYS)
Some of the famous trains passing through the Mysore junction railway Station are:
- Mysore Bangalore Passenger (56231)
- Chamundi Express (16215)
- Malgudi Express (16023)
- Tippu Express (12613)
- Rajyarani Express (16557)
Average Train Ticket Price for Bangalore Junction (SBC) to Mysore Station (MYS)
The average fare for Mysuru Shatabdi Express (12007) is Rs. 960 for Anubhuti Class (EA), Rs. 840 for AC Chair Car (EC) and Rs. 305 for Chair Car (CC).
The ticket fare for the (16231) Mysore Express is Rs. 140 for Sleeper (SL), Rs. 260 for Chair Car (CC), Rs. 495 for Third AC (3A) and Rs. 700 for Second AC (2A).
Tourist Place in Mysore for Sightseeing
A visit to Mysore is necessary about unearthing its three majestic palaces like the Lalitha Palace, Mysore Palace, and finally the Jaganmohan Palace, which are now art galleries as well.
Also, go to the Rail Museum for a deep dive into the history of Indian Railways and browse through some enthralling memory. The Sand Sculpture Museum is also a fantastic place that attracts all art enthusiasts.
Must-Try Local Food of Mysore
Mysore is famous for its South Indian food. Dosas, Idlis, and Vadas are most likely food of local people as well as visitors. The classic and renowned dish in Mysore is Bisi Bele Bath, which is a blend of lentils, rice, assorted vegetables and spices, like nutmeg, asafoetida, and curry leaves. The variety of Dosas, like Mysore Masala Dosa, Butter Dosa, and Plain Dosa are trendy across India.
Related: Order food on trains from trusted restaurants from train food app, RailRestro!
Popular Places along with the Bangalore to Mysore Route
- Ramdevara Betta Hill, Ramanagara – Go trekking and rock climbing at the hill, and breathe in the fresh air, with some panoramic views.
- Kanva Reservoir, Ramanagara – Take a route towards Kunigal Main Road to reach this smashing lake which is surrounded by hills and grassland.
- Chunchi Falls: On the way of Kanakpura Road, you will find this breathtaking waterfall, where you can chill around and take lots of amazing pictures.
- Ranganathitthu Bird Sanctuary, Srirangapatna – Around 16 km before you reach Mysore, you will pass through the largest bird sanctuary of the state which is a haven for bird lovers. Get up close to different species and take lots of pictures.
- Kunti Betta: This hillock is famous from Mahabharata legends, and it is also renowned for its night trekking.
Best Time to Visit Bangalore to Mysore Route
Mysore is a sought-after destination all year-round with a delightful climate through most of the months. Here’s a month-wise breakdown of Mysore’s climatic conditions so you can plan when to travel:
- October to February: This is the best time of the year to visit Mysore because the weather is cold with the temperature dipping to a least 10°C. It is also a popular season for couples, especially honeymooners.
- March to May: Mysore is warm in summers with the temperature varying between 22°C and 39°C. The day temperature is warm and the evenings are quite cool and pleasant so you can easily carry on with all the tourist activities.
- June to September: Monsoon months in Mysore experience the heavy rains, and this is a pleasant time to witness the lush green surroundings. Nighttime tends to get quite cold after the rains, so it’s a good idea to carry a light jacket.
Popular Hotels Near Mysore Railway Station
There are several hotels in Mysore near the railway station. Tourists can select as per the budget or choice. Few of them are the Grand Mercure Mysore – An Accor Hotels Brand, Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Mysore, The Quorum, Southern Star Mysore, Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel, Fortune JP Palace, and Hotel Royal Orchid Metropole.
If you are planning to travel from Bangalore to Mysore by train, then you may plan your train journey easily through the RailRestro app and website – with few simple taps, you may check your train schedule, PNR Status and live train running status conveniently.