Secunderabad Junction Railway Station
The Secunderabad junction railway station is the major intercity station situated in Telangana, India. It falls under the South Central Railway zone of Indian Railways. The station code of the Secunderabad railway station is SC. Secunderabad is India’s largest and second busiest railway station in Andhra Pradesh.
IRCTC authorized e-catering partner RailRestro provides fresh food delivery at Secunderabad Railway Station. People have to enter their ten-digit PNR number to access the menu of food options. Food delivery in train at Secunderabad station includes local restaurants and more along with dishes which are local delicacies from eateries.
Passengers can order food online on RailRestro App or the website. Mode of payment for food delivery on trains at Secunderabad junction includes credit card, debit cards, UPI, wallets, Paytm, and cash on delivery (COD).
Food Delivery in Train at Secunderabad Railway Station
Order food online in trains at Secunderabad Junction and enjoy the fastest train food delivery at your berth, you have ever experienced. RailRestro is a user-friendly railway food delivery app for rail traveller that offers delicious, hygienic, and fresh food from local food delivery vendors at your preferred railway station. At RailRestro (Food delivery in trains), we believe that food on trains or meals in trains should be hygienic, tasty, affordable, and spill-proof packaging to eat.
- Lunch and dinner at Secunderabad Junction: Meals for lunch and dinner in Secunderabad include Kacchi Biryani, Pesarattu, Kali Mirch Pasandey, Baghara Baingan, fried rice, and pizza, among others.
- Breakfast at Secunderabad Junction: Delicious meals for breakfast in Secunderabad include aloo paratha, bread butter omelette, chole bhature, and grilled cheese sandwich are available.
- Desserts at Secunderabad Junction: Desserts include gulab jamun, Dil Khush, cake, ice cream, and more.
There are many options available like veg or non-veg meal in trains, north Indian-Thali, wide variety of south Indian items, and Jain food delivery in trains. We are here to deliver to you; you can book the order for a single train traveller or group food order in trains.
How to Order Food in Train at Secunderabad Junction?
Go to the e-catering website or download the app from the play store. After that, you can place the food order for a group or single train traveller through the following steps:
- Enter the train name or number for which you would choose to order a meal.
- Enter your journey date and click the button Order Now.
- Select your choice of meal from the showing restaurant and customize the menu item as per your appetency.
- Choose to pay via a safe payment gateway using a credit/debit card, wallet, UPI, etc.
- You can also pay via “Cash on Delivery” (COD).
- Submit other required travel information and click the book order button now and it’s completed!
- Enjoy your foods delivered right at your berth.
About Secunderabad City
Secunderabad is the famous twin city of Hyderabad in the state of Telangana. The man-made Hussain Sagar Lake separates the twin cities. The city was established in the 18th century as a British cantonment. Secunderabad is also known as the commercial centre of Andhra Pradesh.
Best Places to Visit in Secunderabad City
- Hussain Sagar Lake: It is the best tourist place to visit in Secunderabad. The Hussain Sagar Lake, also known as Tank Bund, is the largest human-made lake in Asia. The beauty of the necklace-shaped lake does not only attract people from the country but also from the world. It lies in the place that the lake connects the two cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
- Peddamma Temple: It is one of the famous tourist places in Secunderabad that you must visit. The Peddamma temple is the oldest temple in Secunderabad dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi has been a holy place for the Hindus for more than 150 years. The word peddamma is derived from two words- ‘peda’ and ‘amma’. The meaning of both words is mothers. Thus it refers to the ‘mother of all mothers’, which is God.
- Snow World: It is the world’s third-biggest and the first snow-themed park in India and one of the best Secunderabad tourist places for children and adults. Snow World is an amusement park spread within an area of about 2 acres (0.81 ha).
Famous Local Foods of Secunderabad City
Looking for nutritious, hot n hygienic food while travelling by train at Secunderabad station? RailRestro offers you more comprehensive options to choose from and order food in trains at Secunderabad station.
Secunderabad food is known for its aroma and taste. Most of the dishes of Secunderabad are hot and spicy. Mutton Biryani, Dum Ka Keema, Kali Mirchi Pasandey, Bisi Bele Bhath, Sheek Kebab, Hara Murg, Khatta Murgh, Majjige Huli, and Lamb Kofta Curry are some of the popular Secunderabad dishes that are famous among the epicureans.
Here are some of the mouth-watering local dishes in the twin city that you must try or order food at Secunderabad station:
Boti Kebab is a well-loved snack among the people of Secunderabad. Small pieces of mutton are marinated in a mixture made from curd, onion slices and skewered. They are left overnight and grilled till they are golden brown or dark brown depending on the meat. Boti kebab is, usually, eaten as finger food.
Pesarattu Dosa or Moong Dal Dosa is similar to the regular Dosa with the difference being that the mixture is made of moong dal. It is one of the popular breakfast dishes in Andhra Pradesh and also very nutritious. It is served with ginger chutney, and this combination makes your taste buds go hungry.
3.Mirchi Ka Salan
Mirchi ka Salan is yet another famous delicacy of Secunderabad. This gravy dish includes coconut, sesame seeds, and peanuts as a base and green chillis as the main ingredient. It is usually made with the long spicy chillis available in Hyderabad. So, prepare yourself for a tangy treat when trying the street food in Secunderabad.
Online Food Ordering At Secunderabad Junction
If your train is going to cross through the Secunderabad station, then you can order food online in train by RailRestro. Many e-catering partners are serving food at this station. You can choose your favourite food from the menu and order it on your train journey. Here are some of the restaurant’s names listed below from where you can order food in trains.
- Maruthi Dhaba: Passengers can try special Hyderabadi Dum Biryani on trains by this restaurant. All kinds of north Indian, south Indian, pure veg food items are available in this restaurant.
- Hotel Sandarshini: A complete veg restaurant delivering food in trains at Secunderabad. If you want to eat purely vegetarian food on trains, then you can book orders from here. For ordering Jain food on the train, you can also choose this restaurant.
If you never want to miss your order, you are advised to order food 60 minutes before at the railway station to ensure on-time delivery. Talk to our food advisors at 8102202203 or request a callback.
Nearest Railway Stations to Secunderabad
The nearest railway station to Secunderabad city is Secunderabad Junction, located just 3 km from the port. Apart from that, there are several railway stations around the Secunderabad railway station so that tourists can reach this place with ease.
Some of the nearby stations of Secunderabad where you can also order food on the train:
1.Kacheguda Railway Station (KCG)
Kacheguda station is one of the three Central railway Stations in Hyderabad City of Telangana in India. It falls under the South Central Railway zone of Indian Railways. Its station code is KCG.
Some of the superfast and express trains running from Kacheguda railway station:
- Lucknow Yesvantpur Shrungavarpukta (22684)
- Yesvantpur Jabalpur Express (12193)
- Guntur Double Decker (22118)
- Kacheguda Madurai Express (17615)
- Kongu Express (12647)
2.Begumpet Railway Station (BMT)
Begumpet railway station is located near Secunderabad in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It falls under the South Central Railway zone of Indian Railways. The station code of Begumpet station is BMT.
Some of the superfast and express trains running from Begumpet railway station:
3.Hyderabad Decan Railway Station (HYB)
The Hyderabad Deccan railway station is located in Nampally, Hyderabad. It is also known as the Nampally Railway station. It falls under the South Central Railway zone of Indian Railways. The station code of Hyderabad Decan Railway Station is HYB.
Some of the popular trains cross at Secunderabad railway station is:
This city is a combination of beauty with tasty cuisine, which makes the place a perfect tourist destination for both Indians and foreigners; another thing which adds to its charm is its food in trains at Secunderabad. The efficient delivery makes it very convenient for travelers to eat this delicious food on the go without de-boarding the train. Passengers can order meals online and mention all the information about the train so that the food can be delivered to their seats.