Indian Railway spans to over 63,028 km’s of coverage which is one of the largest traveling mode in the world. Also, around 14,300 trains run on daily basis across major routes and help people connect to their destinations and purposes during lifetime. The largest travel ecosystem encompasses over 18 million travelers on board and still around 12% of them are in wait list due to non-availability. All these boast a huge potential for travelers, explorers, adventure tourists who are looking to make the most out of their leisure days.
We are sharing some of the most scenic train rides in India, which one should checkout during their next travel plans:
- Jammu- Baramulla: The rail route connecting Jammu, Udhampur, Srinagar and Baramulla is believed to be most picturesque and enthralling travel routes. It’s believed to be the most challenging projects for Indian Railways as well. You can reach Jammu by train from multiple locations across India. Some of these include Shree Shakti Express (22462), Shalimar Express (14645), Sarvodya Express (12474) and many more. All these connect major cities like New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai etc. Also, when you pre-book your tickets, never forget to book meals in train along the wider food options like Veg food in train, Non veg food in train. Also, you may order Jain food in train too.
- Kangra Valley Trip: If you want to enjoy the thrills of Kangra Valley, the river bridges, deep gorges and exclusive flora, enjoy the pleasant but quite slow ride of 164 kms from Pathankot to Jogindernagar in Himachal Pradesh. The Himachal railway is no doubt the most picturesque travel destinations in India. Once can plan the next rail trip. Never forget to book meals in train along the wider food options like Pure Veg food in train, Non veg food in train.
- Vasco da Gama (Goa) to Londa (Karnataka): This is known for it’s ultimate beauty and the sunset picturesque view in trains. As it approaches the Western Ghats, the train speeds up through thick jungle, hugging the curves of the mountainside. Keep your eyes peeled for waterfalls in the distance, which increase as the trees thin and the view turns to deep valleys and peaks. On the approach to Londa the sun should just be setting which gives the strange red clay surroundings an ominous glow. The ride is enjoyable as you traverse through all this and enjoy food on the go from your favorite restaurants from e-catering service providers.
- Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express: New Jalpaiguri (West Bengal), Tinsukia , Ledo (Assam). Starting in West Bengal, the super-fast Rajdhani reaches Assam in no time, vast stretches of emerald green paddy and tea plantations on both sides. Unlike south India’s rolling greenery, this expanse is completely flat. As night falls, the train sweeps past the Brahmaputra River on the approach to Guwahati and crawls through the city’s slums. Hop off the steps and you’ll land in someone’s cooking. From Tinsukia, the morning passenger train blasts through awe-inspiring landscape before arriving at the end of the track having squeezed past the backs of people’s houses so closely you can see what they’re eating for breakfast. You can order food at Howrah junction when you board the train, so that you get it delivered by your lunch time.
- Nizamuddin Duronto Express: Duronto Express from Pune to Delhi cuts six hours off the normal 26-hour journey. It covers a fantastic route with the most varied topography and the onboard service is excellent. From 11am until sunset, the train trundles past rivers, deserts, mountains and villages and alongside pyramid-like salt mounds drying in the sunshine. Brand new Durontos – meaning “quick” in Bengali – offer tasty meals included in the ticket price, second to none cleanliness, new interiors and a sleeker design for reading lights, phone sockets, berths and bottle holders. The added benefit is that the trains are also derailment-proof. Order food at Pune Jn to avoid hassle of carrying food in train.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway (Mettupalayam – Udhagamandalam): Running for over 110 years, this is a train journey you should definitely have on your bucket list. Going through rocky terrain and meandering its way through tea plantations, the steam locomotive covers 46 km to Ooty in four and a half hours.
- Arakku Valley Railway (Vizag – Arakku): The route passes through the most beautiful landscapes including coffee plantations. This line would previously transport iron ore from Chattisgarh to Vishakapatnam. You can choose to order food at Vishakhapatnam Jn. while traveling in train. Just call at 8102888111.
- The Konkan Railway (Ratnagiri-Madgaon-Honnavar-Mangalore): Amazing greeneries, plethora of water bodies, stunning curves and the magnificent Sahyadris join hands to make this one of the most sought after train travel experience for any railway enthusiast in India. The Konkan Railway is also an example of the high spirits of the engineers of this country, who constructed this marvel battling against a hostile loose terrain with frequent landslide tendencies.
- Kanyakumari – Trivandrum: A short train journey, but one packed with visual delights, this journey takes you through tightly packed coconut trees, and past coastal architecture. This train ride is through South India’s most picturesque locations. Don’t forget to order South Indian food in train while traveling along this trip.
- Bhubaneshwar – Brahmapur: The train route runs between the Eastern Ghats and the Chilka Lake providing all the stunning views of Orissa. The Chilka lagoon is a sight for migratory birds and is a perfect place for birdwatchers. You can order food at Bhubaneshwar Jn via Railrestro app or on call at 8102888111. The Chilka lake is a famous bird sanctuary located in Orissa.
Traveling is a passion and nurturing this is the best thing you can do. We at Railrestro help you in making the most out of your travel experiences. You can order your favorite food in train even if you don’t have mobile network via our app. Download Railrestro Android app today.