Order Food in Train at Alappuzha Junction
Get Food in Train with easy steps
Order Delicious food in Train from FSSAI approved restaurants across 400+ stations in India.
Really appreciated such steps followed by railway.i got my food on seat at time , A little improvement needed in food but overall experience was good, railway assign more food assistant on every station.
Overall Rating: 5
Best service on time dilevery and quality of food is good . Also packing is Good
Overall Rating: 4
I was with Negative mindset watching reviews, but my experience was extremely good, taste was awesome, delivery on time, guys please dont go on reviews take your own experience
Overall Rating: 5
I ordered food for my Grand Father. Food delivered at lucknow against was very good in quality .
Overall Rating: 5
Food for order no.170419 was awesome in quality and quantity.It was delivered to me in hot and well packaging.Overall I am satisfied with the service provided by Railrestro. I will definitely place an order on my next travel.
Overall Rating: 5
Food Delivery in Train at Alappuzha
Alappuzha railway station is located in the town of Alappuzha serving the district and the town Alappuzha, Kerala. The station is also known locally as “Alleppey railway station”. The station falls in southern railway fare zone under the administration of Thiruvananthapuram railway division. The station is a major railway station of Kayamkular Coastal railway line. The station is a major railway transportation system serving many nearby places and the city Alappuzha. There are total three railway platforms with 6 railway tracks function on the station. All of the railway tracks are electrified. The station serves Ernakulam -Kayamkulam coastal railway line. The station is estimated to handle 6,500 passengers per day.
The station is well equipped with different kinds of modern facilities at the station. There is PRS window, unreserved ticket window, retiring room, waiting halls and refreshment stalls are available in the premises of station. The station has also basic amenities such as drinking water system and sanitation facilities provided to the passengers.
The station is well-connected with the different parts of the cities via train services. There are total 56 trains halt at the station and a total 9 trains originate at the station and among them total 8 trains terminate at the same station. There are direct trains from Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Dhanbad, Tatangar, Gujarat, Gorakhpur, Indore and with several other cities including the Kerala intercity trains.
About The Town Alappuzha
The city can be called as the tone of beaches, lakes, canals, Backwaters or the oldest planned city of the region. There are many places in the city which have become the tourist hot spot for tourism and vacation /trip purposes. In 2016, the town was ranked as the 1st cleanest city of India as a result of a survey conducted by Center of Science and Environment. The place is located at a distance of almost 150 kilometers from the capital city Thiruvananthapuram.
The city is also called as the Venetian capital of India, as the lord Curzon called the city Venice of the east. The city is a major tourist destination of Kerala as the backwaters of Alappuzha has given the water activities a boom in the city. The houseboat booking on the backwaters has become so popular activity among the tourists.
The major economic source for the city is the agricultural activities and the fisheries especially the seafood exportation. Based on its location the production of rice is done on a massive level. Apart from seafood and agricultural products the handicrafts arts and Coir products and production related with this. Toddy tapping is also one of the oldest art of the place.
Places to visit in the Town
- Alappuzha Beach – This beach is very popular in the town. The seafront and the cruising on the house boat are very soothing at the beach. The lighthouse near the beach gives a mesmerizing view of the evening. Looking at the sunset sitting on the sandy beach is really wonderful feeling at the station.
- Vembanad- This is the longest lake of India with a reserved bird’s sanctuary in the town. A number of migratory birds and the different kinds of birds spent their life here nearby the water body. This is one of eh most visited and also must visited place of the town.
- Marari beach – The beach is again a paradise for the people who love spending their time nearby the beach and looking at the different beautiful scenes of the place. There are a number of coconut trees and white sand on the beach gives relaxed moments to the tourists.
- Pathiramanal – This is a small island located in the Alappuzha district. The name “Pathiramanal” stands for “sands of night”. The place is filled with wonderful beauty and also the tourists can spot different species of migratory birds at the island.
Apart from this there you can visit to so many lakes, beaches, coir museum, Jain temples and Churches in Alappuzha town.
Cuisines in the city
There are many traditional food items are served in the city in almost at each restaurant but what is most interesting about the food at Alappuzha is the taste of street foods that you will find no over rather than this city.
- Kerala Sayda – A complete meal served on the banana leaf. The plate contains red rice, pickles, jaggery, and curd and coconut sauce.
- Puttu and Kadala
- Idli and Sambhar
- Kerala fish curry
- Seafood fries
These are some of the tasty treats of the Kerala that can be found at its best in the city Alappuzha so must try out these food items in the city if you are travelling to the city. Now you can order food in train via RailRestro during your train journey at Alappuzha railway station.
Food Delivery in Train at Alappuzha Junction:
Ordering tasty food of your choice in train and having them during the journey was something next to impossible. Passengers had very few options like food cooked in the pantry car of the train or sold at the station premises. IRCTC in an PR event had conspicuously stated that IRCTC will not be responsible for any health hazards caused to the passengers, if they consume food from non-authorized food vendors in train” which means, if any passenger who opts for a food sold outside on the station premises and consumes it without any check, then IRCTC won’t be responsible for any health hazards. Passengers, knowing the risk, started to consume them but were not satisfied and looking for some good option.
How to Order Food in Train via RailRestro
There are five simple steps to follow while ordering food in train. These steps will double your fun for the train journey by provision of best food. The word best food means “a platter of hot, fresh, hygienically prepared and packed food”.
- Step 1: Visit our website or download RailRestro mobile application and login.
- Step 2: Enter your PNR number and check the list of restaurants along with locations.
- Step 3: Choose your food. Check the prices carefully. The ordered food is will be added to your cart.
- Step 4: Pay for your food bill. Pay via offline or online mode.
- Step 5: Enjoy your food at your seat.
Our catering partners at Alappuzha Junction
Our premium e-catering partners at Alappuzha junction are dedicated to serve food in train to the passengers who are looking for some good food options in train. It’s the RailRestro’s duty to deliver tasty food on the train journey. Now passengers can enjoy great food during their train journey.
- HALAIS FAMILY RESTAURANT
Our Special Menu at Alappuzha Junction:
Lunch and Dinner Menu:
- Veg Biryani/Chicken Biryani/Mutton Biryani with Raita
- Veg Fried rice, Manchurian, chicken chilli, Hakka noodles, and Paneer chilly*
- Snacks: Puri Bhaji, Chole bhature, Veg burger, bread butter toast , Grilled Sandwich etc*
- Veg Thali (Mini, Standard, Deluxe, and Maharaja)/Non-veg thali/Egg Thali and Jain Thali.
- Non-veg items like Chicken chilli, chicken handi, chicken masala, Mutton curry and egg curry.*
- Rice preparations like Plain rice, Daal Khichdi, Jeera Rice, Curd Rice, and Veg Pulao*.
- South Indian: South Indian Thali, Dosa variety, Uttapam, Idli and vada S?mbhar.
- Vegetables like Malai Kofta, Aaloo Dum, Aaloo Jeera Mix-veg curry, Shahi Paneer, Mushroom masala and Paneer Butter Masala*
- Combo Meals (Indian and Chinese)
- Plain Roti, Butter Roti, Naan and Lacchha Paratha*
- Beverage like Lassi (sweet and salted)*
- Dessert: Gulab Jamun*
- Others: Curd/Raita/Salad/Papad
For group food order contact 8102888111 or chat with our digital food advisors to place your order. You can also opt for “Request a Call-Back Option” and our food advisors will contact you within minutes. Use the coupon code “GROUP20” and get a discount of 20% on your food bill.
We love to serve you the best food in train at Alappuzha station