Order Food in Train at Barddhaman Jn. Junction
Get Food in Train with easy steps
Order Delicious food in Train from FSSAI approved restaurants across 400+ stations in India.
Really appreciated such steps followed by railway.i got my food on seat at time , A little improvement needed in food but overall experience was good, railway assign more food assistant on every station.
Overall Rating: 5
Best service on time dilevery and quality of food is good . Also packing is Good
Overall Rating: 4
I was with Negative mindset watching reviews, but my experience was extremely good, taste was awesome, delivery on time, guys please dont go on reviews take your own experience
Overall Rating: 5
I ordered food for my Grand Father. Food delivered at lucknow against was very good in quality .
Overall Rating: 5
Food for order no.170419 was awesome in quality and quantity.It was delivered to me in hot and well packaging.Overall I am satisfied with the service provided by Railrestro. I will definitely place an order on my next travel.
Overall Rating: 5
Food Delivery in Train at Barddhaman Jn.
Bardhman junction railway station is a railway junction serving the city of Bardhman located in the district of Purba Bardhman (East Bardhman) in the Indian state of west Bengal. The station is operated by Eastern Railways and it is administered under Howrah railway division. The station is very vast and it serves all of the Bardhman district and other nearby localities of west Bengal.
The station is located on Howrah- New Delhi railway station which connects the trains directly from Delhi to West Bengal and vice versa. The station serves many railway lines and connects the trains’ form several other directions and places to connects the boarding and off boarding passengers to the Bardhman district. There are several other railway lines that are connected with station and this station serves all of the trains coming by these railway lines. Apart from Howrah-Delhi main line the station serves these railway lines -1.Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line, Howrah –Allahabad-Mumbai main line, Howrah-New Jalpaiguri Railway station, Howrah-Bardhman railway line, Howrah- Bardhman chord, Bardhman – Asansol section and also Bardhman –Katwa railway line.
The station is very vast and serves more than 200 trains each day. The station is also home to almost 20 trains that originate and terminate at this station. There are trains from several cities of India come at this station. There are a total 8 platforms are functioning at the station. The station has many modern facilities equipped. The PRS windows vehicle parking, waiting hall, refreshment halls, drinking water and sanitation (vegetarian and non-vegetarian food) are also available for the passengers. There is also tea /coffee stalls and other amenities are available at the station.
The basic needs of passengers are also taken care at the station. Drinking water and sanitation services are available at the station. The station is very vital for the local passengers commuting to the other cities of Kolkata There are also many express and superfast trains that connect the station to several other Long distance states of India such as New Delhi,Allahabad, Patna, Gaya, Lucknow, Kanpur, Siliguri, Tirhut, Ajamgharh, Mujjafarpur, Darbhanga, Jodhpur, Bikaner and Darjeeling and so on.
About the City
Entire west Bengal region is famous for its festivities and joyful life living values. Bardhman is a city located in the district of eastern Bardhman. Recently bifurcated district of west Bengal is named as Eastern Bardhman. The city is the second most populous district of West Bengal.
There are a number of places where one can visit to complement the tour of west Bengal in the city. The paces of historic importance and other joyful places welcome the tourists to its yard.
- Curzon Gate – The gate erected during the time of British rule in India is a very beautiful architectural model of the city. A number of people come to visit this place. The gate looks mesmerizing in the evening when all the colorful lights start glittering all around.
- Tombs of Sher Afgan and Kutbuddin Koka – This is a grand building once a resident of the Jagirdar Sher Afgan of Bardhman. It is said that the emperor Jahangir Fell in love with the wife of Sher Afgna and to get her he asked Koka to attack the Sher Afgan to get that lady for him. Eventually, both of the warriors got killed in the war and the Emperor got married with to wife of Sher Afgan named as Meh-Unn-Nissa. Later the lady came to be known as the 20th wife of Jahangir renamed as “Nur-jahan”.
- Bardhamaneshwar Shiva Temple – This is a Shiva temple situated in the city of Bardhman. There is a huge idol of lord Shiva is situated.
- 108 Shiva temples – This is a group of temples numbering 108 in the district of Bardhman. The temple complex is very ancient and it is under the taken care of Birla Trust, who renovated the temple complex.
There are a number of places such as tombs, rivers beds, Buildings and monuments are there in the city where one can hang around to see the beauty of the city. The city is rich enough if talk about the food items. There are a number of street foods and traditional cuisines are served in the restaurants and the Dhabas. still there are some must eat cuisines are here-
- Macher Jhol - Fish is an important part of Bengali dietary. The Macher Jhol is very famous dish prepared and served in Howrah at almost all the restaurants. This cuisine with fish pieces, tomato pieces and tomato pieces. All of these pieces are cooked in a spicy curry made with ginger, garlic, coriander and chilies.
- Kosha Mangsho- This cuisine is originated in Bengal. The heavy and hearty mutton curry is prepared with spices and vegetables.
- Alur Torkari- The Boiled potatoes are cocked in thick gravy of tomato. The taste of this dish is simple awesome. You can order these food items in train at Bardhaman station.
Menu to order in train at Bardhaman station
There are three catering partners at Bardhaman station which delivers food in train to the passengers. They are:
- TAKE A BREAK
- ADDA RESTAURANT
- RUBY RESTAURANT
Special menu designed for Passengers:
- Veg Biryani with Raita
- Veg Thali (Mini, Standard, Deluxe and Maharaja)
- Jain Special Thali with (no onion and garlic)
- Snacks like, Chole bhature, Sandwich, and Aaloo Puri, and Pav Bhaji
- Veg curry preparation like Chana Masala, Dum Aaloo, Paneer butter masala, mix-veg curry, Sev Tamatar, and Malai Kofta
- Veg Combo Meals
- Rice items like Pulao, curd rice, Jeera rice and Plain rice.
- South Indian cuisines like Idli Sambhar, and Masala Dosa
- Bread like plain roti, Naan, Laccha Paratha and Butter Naan and Tandoori Chapatti.
- Variety of Dal like dal Fry, Dal Tadka and Dal Makhni
- Beverage like Butter Milk/Lassi and Rabdi Cup
- Dessert- Rasgulla
- Curd/ Papad/ Raita/Salad
If you’re traveling in a group and want to place food order for the group, request a call back from our representative. Our food advisors will call you immediately and assist you for group food order. You can also chat with our food advisors and place your order. Our advisors will be happy to help you. Download RailRestro mobile application to get a discount of 5%.