Order Food in Train at Sealdah Junction
Get Food in Train with easy steps
Order Delicious food in Train from FSSAI approved restaurants across 400+ stations in India.
Really appreciated such steps followed by railway.i got my food on seat at time , A little improvement needed in food but overall experience was good, railway assign more food assistant on every station.
Overall Rating: 5
Best service on time dilevery and quality of food is good . Also packing is Good
Overall Rating: 4
I was with Negative mindset watching reviews, but my experience was extremely good, taste was awesome, delivery on time, guys please dont go on reviews take your own experience
Overall Rating: 5
I ordered food for my Grand Father. Food delivered at lucknow against was very good in quality .
Overall Rating: 5
Food for order no.170419 was awesome in quality and quantity.It was delivered to me in hot and well packaging.Overall I am satisfied with the service provided by Railrestro. I will definitely place an order on my next travel.
Overall Rating: 5
Food Delivery in Train at Sealdah
Sealdah lies in the West Bengal region of India and it’s close proximity to Kolkata makes it popular enough in terms of preserving Bengali culture an food habits. Sealdah is famous for its local markets which are considered as the biggest market in Kolkata. There is a fish market, handicrafts markets and many other markets present where locals and even tourists throng for shopping. Some of the markets are Lake Market, Gariahat markets, Sealdah market, Baitakkhna Market, New Baithakkhana Market, Bow Bazar, and Baithakkhana market which is the largest paper market in Asia. Bengali food displays the authentic Bengali culture with extensive use of fish in their cuisines. Some of the famous and traditional fish dishes are:
- Macher Jhol: No doubt that fish is the staple diet of Bengal. The fish curry or macher jhol is such a recipe that every restaurant will have this on their menu. It’s best relished with rice. If you’re a seafood lover, make sure this is on the top of your list.
- Biryani: Kolkata style biryani is different from the Awadhi style Mughal biryani. The Mughal biryani has no potatoes in their dish but the Kolkata style biryani has spiced potatoes with it. It tastes yummy. A must try!
- Kosha Mangsho: It is a mutton curry which is prepared with rfresh mutton pieces and cooked in different spices. This dish is given a red colour which is the attraction. It is served with rice, Paratha or Luchis.
- Alur Torkari with Luchi: Alur torkari is the Aloo dam which is specially prepared with a blend of Garam masala and other spices along with boiled potatoes. The dish is served with hot fried Luchis (Puri).
- Telebhaja; Bengalis are obsessed for bhaja. Nhaja is a recipe which is made from choice of vegetables like potato, eggplant, parwal etc. These veggies are marinated with spices and left to cook in hot oil for some time. “Telebhaja “also means pakodas of different vegetables.
- Jhalmuri: An evening snack which is made with puffed rice, spives, tomatoes, onions, green chillies, and salt. This is mixed in a bowl and served in a paper cup.
Sealdah railway station is one of the busiest railway stations in India. The residents of sealdah use the station to commute from one part of India to another. It has all the facilities like computerised reservation system, ticket counters, waiting rooms, food courts, cloak room, sanitation services, and Water ATM and freight services. The station also serves many passenger trains which is used by the people to commute locally.
Trains crossing Sealdah station:
There are many trains crossing sealdah station. Passengers traveling in trains can order food online in train via RailRestro and get it delivered to your seat. Here’s a list of trains where e-catering services by RailRestro are present to serving passengers with good food in train:
- Anvt Sdah Superfast Special (03190)
- Uttar Banga Express (13148)
- Bhagirathi Express (13104)
- Padatik Express (12377)
- Hate Bazare Express (13164)
- Kanchankanya Express (13149)
- Gangasagar Express (13185)
- Kanchanjunga Express (15658)
- Sdah Dli Express (13119)
- Jalianwalab Express (12379)
- Akal Takhat Express (12318)
- Ghy Sdah Premium (02262)
- Gour Express (13153)
- Darjeeling Mail (12344)
Food in Train at Sealdah Station:
When your train crosses Sealdah station, and your taste buds demand to have a platter fresh of Bengali cuisines, then RailRestro is the doorway to get fresh and healthy food for train journey. RailRestro is an e-catering company which is dedicated to deliver best food in train to the passengers who need tasty food during journey. There are our premium e-catering partners serving tasty and fresh food at the station. You can order your favourite food in train from our menu listed on the website. There are many catering partners of RailRestro serving hot and fresh food in train at Sealdah station. Varieties like north Indian/South Indian/ Chinese / continental and fast foods are delivered in the train at this station.
E-Catering partners of RailRestro at Sealdah Station:
There are two catering partners serving food to train passengers at the Sealdah station. These restaurants serve vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisines with great taste and flavours. You can use RailRestro mobile application and order your food at Sealdah station. Use code “APP5” to get a discount of 5% on ordering via application.
- NITIN FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- AAMI BANGALI RESTAURANT AND CATERERS
- DIAMOND HOTEL AND RESTAURENT
- BISHAL RESTAURANT
- KRISHNA KITCHEN
Menu for passengers at Sealdah Railway Station
- Chinese: Order exotic Chinese dishes like Spring rolls, chicken schezuan, Honey chilli Potato, Manchurian and Dimsums.
- Thalis: Egg thali, South Indian Thali, Veg (Mini, Maharaja and Deluxe), Fish thali, Non-veg Deluxe Thali.
- Veg curries: Methi Matar Malai, Koftas, Chana Masala and veg Jhalfrezi are the special. Apart from the specials it has a range of Paneer, mushrooms and potato preparations.
- Tandoori Items: Tikka and kebabs are the most preferred.
- South Indian: Masala Dosa, Idli Sambhar, Uttapam, upma and south Indian Thali.
- Combo meals: Indian, Chinese, and tandoor combos.
- Jain Meals: Rice items, veggies, thalis and combos available in Jain style
*Explore the menu for more details on food items. There are multiple options available to choose.
Request a call back For Group Food Order
If you're traveling in group and want to place your food order at Sealdah station, you can request a call back from our food advisors and we would be more than happy to assist you with your group food order. You can also chat with our digital food experts via AI-based website to place your order. You can either choose to pay online through our secure payment gateway or opt for cash on delivery (COD). Use Code “GROUP20” to get a discount of 20% on your order.
We love to serve you the best cuisines at Sealdah Station
Are you a Restaurant Owner?
Partner with us and make sound revenue by delivering food in train from our channel...