Order Food in Train at Tambaram Junction
Get Food in Train with easy steps
Order Delicious food in Train from FSSAI approved restaurants across 400+ stations in India.
Really appreciated such steps followed by railway.i got my food on seat at time , A little improvement needed in food but overall experience was good, railway assign more food assistant on every station.
Overall Rating: 5
Best service on time dilevery and quality of food is good . Also packing is Good
Overall Rating: 4
I was with Negative mindset watching reviews, but my experience was extremely good, taste was awesome, delivery on time, guys please dont go on reviews take your own experience
Overall Rating: 5
I ordered food for my Grand Father. Food delivered at lucknow against was very good in quality .
Overall Rating: 5
Food for order no.170419 was awesome in quality and quantity.It was delivered to me in hot and well packaging.Overall I am satisfied with the service provided by Railrestro. I will definitely place an order on my next travel.
Overall Rating: 5
Food Delivery in Train at Tambaram
Tambaram is a city in the southern part of Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu. Tambaram is also home to the Tambaram Air Force Station. The city has two major public libraries at Shanmugam Road and number of parks for the residents and tourist to visit. The parks to visit are:
- Gandhi park
- Muthurangam park
- Thirupur Kumaran park and
- Krishna Nagar park
Tambaram Railway Station:
The station is located 6 kilometres away from the centre point of the city. Tambaram Station divides the entire Tambaram into East Tambaram and West Tambaram. The station has multiple facilities for the passengers. It is one of the fastest growing railway hubs of Tamil Nadu. It is the third busiest station in the Tamil Nadu. The daily ticket sales at Tambaram fetch ? 1 million, half of which comes from suburban travellers. It is the second busiest railway platforms in the Tamil Nadu. A total of 52 trains cross this station and there are nine platforms in the station. To decongest the traffic at Chennai Junction, Chennai Egmore was announced as the second junction that will share the operations of the Chennai junction and Tambaram is the next announced station for the same. 10 ticket counters, food courts, coffee parlours, a medical shop, refreshment stalls, waiting room, and public call offices, two air-conditioned dormitories, deluxe waiting halls and a VIP lounge are the facilities which can be availed by the passengers. So no worries! If your train is late, you can use these services at a minimum cost. Apart from facilities, there are security measures like CCTV camera, door-frame metal detector; baggage screening devices and RPF force are present everywhere in the station premises to protect the passengers and railway property. One of the interesting facts of the station is that ? 400-million Integrated Security Surveillance System is installed in the station premises.
Food at Tambaram:
There are many food items available in the city with a high influence of South Indian food. Dishes like Idli, Set Dosa, Masala Dosa, biryani, lemon rice, tomato rice, and khichdi (South Indian style). Apart from the South Indian cuisines, Chinese cuisines are also proper like Manchurian, noodles, Hakka noodles, chilli chicken, Paneer preparation along with various roti preparations like Naan, kulcha and tandoori roti. You can also taste the exotic S?mbhar, Rasam, Sherwa and Malabar parotha.
Trains crossing Tambaram station:
There are many trains crossing this junction. Passengers with a valid PNR number can order food online in train and enjoy them at their seat.
- Rameswaram Express (16701)
- Coimbatore Express (06039)
- Chennai Express (06748)
- Tuticorin Express (06035)
- Ms Tpj Superfast Express (06061)
- Dibrugarh Express (05905)
- Tirunelveli Express (06751)
- Pearl City Express (12694)
- Pandian Express (12638)
- Silambu Express (16182)
- Kannyakumari Express (12665)
- Uzhavan Express (16183)
- Pallavan Express (12605)
- Nellai Express (12632)
- Ms Salem Express (11063)
For a complete list of trains crossing this station, visit the official website of the Indian Railways.
Food Delivery in Train at Tambaram Junction:
Ordering tasty food of your choice in train and having them during the journey was something next to impossible. Passengers had very few options like food cooked in the pantry car of the train or sold at the station premises. IRCTC in an PR event had conspicuously stated that, if any passenger who opts for a food sold outside on the station premises and consumes it without any check, then IRCTC won’t be responsible for any health hazards. No more now! Order restaurant style food in the train during your journey and relish your feast.
How to Order Food in Train via RailRestro
There are five simple steps to follow while ordering food in train. These steps will double your fun for the train journey by provision of best food. The word best food means “a platter of hot, fresh, hygienically prepared and packed food”.
- Step 1: Visit our website or download RailRestro mobile application and login.
- Step 2: Enter your PNR number and check the list of restaurants along with locations.
- Step 3: Choose your food. Check the prices carefully. The ordered food is will be added to your cart.
- Step 4: Pay for your food bill. Pay via offline or online mode.
- Step 5: Enjoy your food at your seat.
Our catering partners at Tambaram Junction
Our premium e-catering partners at Tambaram junction are dedicated to serve food in train to the passengers who are looking for some good food options in train. It’s the RailRestro’s duty to deliver tasty food on the train journey. Now passengers can enjoy great food during their train journey. BHARAT BHOJAN CENTRE is our catering partner at Tambaram junction providing fresh food in train.
Our Special Menu at Tambaram Junction:
Lunch and Dinner Menu:
- Veg Biryani/Chicken Biryani/Mutton Biryani with Raita
- Veg Fried rice, Manchurian, chicken chilli, Hakka noodles, and Paneer chilly*
- Snacks: Puri Bhaji, Chole bhature, Veg burger, bread butter toast , Grilled Sandwich etc*
- Veg Thali (Mini, Standard, Deluxe, and Maharaja)/Non-veg thali/Egg Thali and Jain Thali.
- Non-veg items like Chicken chilli, chicken handi, chicken masala, Mutton curry and egg curry.*
- Rice preparations like Plain rice, Daal Khichdi, Jeera Rice, Curd Rice, and Veg Pulao*.
- South Indian: South Indian Thali, Dosa variety, Uttapam, Idli and vada Sambhar.
- Vegetables like Malai Kofta, Aaloo Dum, Aaloo Jeera Mix-veg curry, Shahi Paneer, Mushroom masala and Paneer Butter Masala*
- Combo Meals (Indian and Chinese)
- Plain Roti, Butter Roti, Naan and Lacchha Paratha*
- Beverage like Lassi (sweet and salted)*
- Dessert: Gulab Jamun*
- Others: Curd/Raita/Salad/Papad
* For more options, enter your PNR number and explore the restaurants for your favourite map.
For group food order, contact 8102888111 or chat with our digital food advisors to place your order. You can also opt for “Request a Call-Back Option” and our food advisors will contact you within minutes. Use the coupon code “GROUP20” and get a discount of 20% on your food bill.
We love to serve you the best food in train at Tambaram Junction.
Are you a Restaurant Owner?
Partner with us and make sound revenue by delivering food in train from our channel...